The U.S. Defense Department has rejected accusations
that U.S. Forces Korea lied about anthrax shipments to Korea.
The USFK came under fire after a Korea－U.S. working group reported last week it had brought
anthrax samples into Korea 16 times since 2009， including an accidental shipment of
live anthrax in April. Pentagon spokesman Commander Bill Urban told
Seoul－based Yonhap News in a report Saturday… the USFK had ″correctly informed″ the
public in a May press release… that the April shipment was in support of the first
bio－defense training exercise at Osan Air Base not the first in the country.
He also said the USFK had clearly stated that biological defense testing and training had
continued since 2009.